Basic keys to perceive a good compensation in Spain
April 9, 2015
If you have been the unfortunate victim of an accident in Spain and want to claim the compensation, you should carefully read the following tips.
- It is very important that you report all the facts to the Spanish police, especially in the scenario where the person who caused the accident does not accept responsibility. Be sure to find witnesses.
- After the accident you should go to hospital and claim a medical report, even if several days have passed. This report will show all injuries including the minor ones, as over time they may worsen should appear. It is also important that in the report it is clearly stated that injuries are caused by a traffic accident.
- Do not forget what happened. Record all the details of the accident to remember details such as dates, names, addresses etc.,
- You must retain all documents relating to the accident, i.e., medical reports, photographs, invoices on related expenses, witnesses’ details, friendly parties etc.,
- Do not sign documents which you do not fully understand or with the statement of which you may disagree. If you do so, it is essential to have a copy.
- You shall be examined by the doctor assigned to the insurance company. However, get in touch with an independent forensic doctor and seek a second medical opinion.
- Calculate the total cost of the accident. Add the personal property damage, medical expenses, transportation. Quantify all your losses.
- The deadline for reporting accidental damage vary from six months via criminal prosecution to a year via civil proceedings. Try to proceed with the complaint before this deadline.
- Your insurance allows you to choose the lawyer of your choice. The insurance company should cover all of your legal expenses.
- If the accident took place at work, you will also be entitled to a compensation.
- If you have been a victim of medical malpractice, you should collect the reports provided by health centers. It is their duty to provide information and documentation to their customers.
Have you been the victim of an accident as a driver, occupant, motorcyclist, bicyclist, pedestrian, or have suffered an accident at work or medical malpractice? Contact us and we will help you claim the best compensation possible.